I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality.... I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Why write about such a taboo topic?!

In grad school, I had a sort of awakening to racism in society and racism within myself. I know, I know. What racism?? Today?! Nooo... I feel like as a scoiety we don't want to talk about racism, no one wants to be called racist, and most of all we certainly don't want to admit to being racist. But I hate racism. And the only way I can think of to even attempt to end it, is to confront it. Head on. So here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment